An Oracle blog – Amardeep Sidhu

January 22, 2019

ORA-04080: trigger ‘PRICE_HISTORY_TRIGGERV1’ does not exist

Filed under: Database — Sidhu @ 7:15 pm

It is actually a dumb one. I was disabling triggers in a schema and ran this SQL to generate the disable statements. (Example from here)

HR@test> select 'alter trigger '||trigger_name|| ' disable;' from user_triggers where table_name='PRODUCT';

'ALTERTRIGGER'||TRIGGER_NAME||'DISABLE;'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
alter trigger PRICE_HISTORY_TRIGGERv1 disable;

HR@test> alter trigger PRICE_HISTORY_TRIGGERv1 disable;
alter trigger PRICE_HISTORY_TRIGGERv1 disable
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-04080: trigger 'PRICE_HISTORY_TRIGGERV1' does not exist


HR@test>

WTF ? It is there but the disable didn’t work. I was in hurry, tried to connect through SQL developer and disable and it worked ! Double WTF ! Then i spotted the problem. Someone created it with one letter in the name in small. So to make it work, we need to use double quotes.

HR@test> alter trigger "PRICE_HISTORY_TRIGGERv1" disable;

Trigger altered.

HR@test>

One of the reasons why you shouldn’t use case sensitive names in Oracle. That is stupid.

January 12, 2019

Error while running ggsci

Filed under: GoldenGate — Sidhu @ 7:51 pm
Tags: ,

This was another issue that I faced while trying to configure GoldenGate in HA mode. ggsci was working fine after normal installation but after configuring it in HA mode and trying to run ggsci, it resulted in this:

[oragg@node2 product]$ ggsci
Oracle GoldenGate Command Interpreter for Oracle
Version 12.3.0.1.4 OGGCORE_12.3.0.1.0_PLATFORMS_180415.0359_FBO
Linux, x64, 64bit (optimized), Oracle 12c on Apr 16 2018 00:53:30
Operating system character set identified as UTF-8.
Copyright (C) 1995, 2018, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
2019-01-08 16:28:37.913
CLSD: An error occurred while attempting to generate a full name. Logging may not be active for this process
Additional diagnostics: CLSU-00100: operating system function: sclsdgcwd failed with error data: -1
CLSU-00103: error location: sclsdgcwd2
(:CLSD00183:)
GGSCI (node2) 1>

No obvious clues in the error message but little searching revealed that it had something to do with permissions. It was on Exadata so i tried to do a strace of ggsci and see if it could give some clues. There we go:

[oragg@node2 product]$ strace ggsci
.
.
mkdir("/u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0.2/dbhome_4/log/exadatadb02", 01777) = -1 EACCES (Permission denied)

That is the Oracle database home, GoldenGate is supposed to use. It is trying to create a directory at the mentioned path and not able to do it. There was another directory called client needed inside this. I created both of them and set the needed permissions & the sticky bit and it worked fine. It was working fine on the other node, so i could check the permissions over there and do the same on this node.

January 8, 2019

Failed to execute the command “”/u01/app/xag/bin/clsecho”

Filed under: GoldenGate — Sidhu @ 10:52 pm
Tags:

I was configuring GoldenGate in HA mode by following this document. Everything worked ok but in the end while running agctl config goldengate to view the configuration of GoldenGate resource, it was failing with the following error:

[oracle@exadatadb02 ~]$ agctl config goldengate GG_TARGET
Failed to execute the command ""/u01/app/xag/bin/clsecho" -p xag -f xag -m 5080 "GG_TARGET"" (rc=134), with the message:
Oracle Clusterware infrastructure fatal error in clsecho.bin (OS PID 126367_140570897783808): Internal error (ID (:CLSB00107:)) - Error -1 (ORA-08275) determining Oracle base
/u01/app/xag/bin/clsecho: line 45: 126367 Aborted (core dumped) ${CRS_HOME}/bin/clsecho.bin "$@"
Failed to execute the command ""/u01/app/xag/bin/clsecho" -p xag -f xag -m 5081 "/u01/app/oragg/product"" (rc=134), with the message:

If you look at the error in bold it sounds kinda obvious that it is not able to figure our where the ORACLE_BASE is. But somehow it didn’t strike me at that moment. So started looking around. If we look at the command it is running, it runs clsecho. This is simply a shell script which in turn calls $CRS_HOME/bin/clsecho.bin . In the script, it sets various environment variables and that is where the problem was. There are lines like:

ORACLE_BASE=
export ORACLE_BASE

Nowhere in the script, it is setting the value of ORACLE_BASE. That was causing an issue. I changed the first line to set the ORACLE_BASE location and it worked fine after that. There was another issue i faced with ggsci after doing xag configuration. Will do another blog post on that.

Theme: Rubric. Get a free blog at WordPress.com

%d bloggers like this: